Educational Diagnostician, Certificate
Candidates seeking only Educational Diagnostician Certification must earn a minimum of 24 semester credit hours as follows:
|EDSE 5322||Ed Test & Measure of Exc Lrnr||3|
|EDSE 5324||Dsgn Instr & Behav Pgr Sp Pop||3|
|EDSE 5325||Development & Disability||3|
|EDSE 5326||Behav Aspcts of Clss Org & Mgt||3|
|EDSE 5327||Fed Leg, Litigation & Advocacy||3|
|EDSE 5355||Assmnt & Ed Proc Low Incid Pop||3|
|EDSE 5374||Ed & Psych Measurement & Eval||3|
|EDSE 5375||Spec Ed Assessment Practicum 1||3-6|
May be repeated for credit
Educational Diagnostician Certificate Requirements (TAC 239)
Requirements for admissions are as follows:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education that at the time was accredited or otherwise approved by an accrediting organization recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board;
- A valid classroom teaching certificate; and
- Meet the requirements for admission to an educator preparation program under Chapter 227.
Requirements for certification are as follows:
- Successfully complete an educational diagnostician preparation program that meets the requirements of §239.82 and §239.83 (relating to Standards Required for the Educational Diagnostician Certificate);
- Successfully complete the examination based on the standards identified in §239.83
- Hold, at a minimum, a master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education that at the time was accredited or otherwise approved by an accrediting organization recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board;
- Hold a valid classroom teaching certificate; and
- Have three creditable years of teaching experience as a classroom teacher, as defined in Chapter 153, Subchapter CC Texas Education Code, §5.001(2).
In order to take the state exam, a candidate must meet academic competency requirements and receive approval to test from Texas A&M-San Antonio (TAC §242.5).